Reduce the Attack Surface for Cybercriminals EffectivelySoftware
vulnerabilities continue to be one of the most common weaknesses cybercriminals and hackers use to infiltrate and escalate privileges inside organizations’ infrastructures. According to Secunia Research, 15,435 vulnerabilities were reported in 2014. This is an increase of 18% in relation to the previous year.
Analysis of security breaches show that, year over year, the vast majority of successful attacks use well-known vulnerabilities. One of the main reasons why costly breaches continue to happen by successfully exploiting software vulnerabilities is that organizations just cannot cope with the large amount of vulnerabilities reported every month and over time.
In this context, being able to identify vulnerabilities and determine which represent the most risk to prioritize the work to mitigate such risk is the key to reduce the attack surface for cybercriminals and hackers.
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager leverages the intelligence from Secunia Research as the foundational layer to enable security and operations’ professionals to prioritize their work.
Get Prioritized, Verified Vulnerability Alerts Across your Entire Infrastructure
The combination of broad coverage, vulnerability intelligence provided by Secunia Research and management features makes it possible for organizations to assess risk based on the relative criticality of vulnerabilities in their own environment, driving the effective use of resources to prioritize mitigation actions with highest impact to reduce the attack surface for cybercriminals and hackers.
Effectively reduce the attack surface for cybercriminals and hackers
- Get access to verified timely alerts from Secunia Research
- Find all the information you need to assess the risk in the Secunia Advisories
We cover all your applications and systems across all platforms
- We cover over 50,000 applications and systems
- We are committed to track all commercially applications suggested by our customers within 72 hours
Create and manage workflows, alerts and tickets
- Make the intelligence from Secunia Research actionable
- Avoid noise and ensure that stakeholders receive only the information relevant for their work
- Link each step of the Software Vulnerability Management lifecycle
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager includes:
- Verified Intelligence
Secunia Research verify all publically known vulnerabilities and create a Secunia Advisory, which includes criticality rating, attack vector, solution status and recommended mitigation.
- Secunia Advisories
Secunia Advisories provide detailed, standardized information on vulnerabilities to enable risk assessment and prioritization of security efforts.
- Extensive Coverage
The largest vulnerability management coverage in the industry, covering more than 50,000 systems and applications
- Comprehensive Management
A comprehensive set of management features to drive alerts, risk assessment, mitigation, verification and continuous reporting
How it Works
Software Vulnerability Management is critical to the security of organizations’ infrastructures and assets. Vulnerability Intelligence Manager combines vulnerability intelligence and management tools to support the entire Software Vulnerability Management lifecycle.
How Vulnerability Intelligence Manager Supports the Software Vulnerability Management Lifecycle
- Vulnerability information is verified and described
- Vulnerability intelligence on applications running on hardware, firmware, middleware and industrial control systems is sent to our customers
- Inventory data is used to configure asset lists, groups and alerts for correlation
- Vulnerability intelligence is correlated with your inventory for assessment of vulnerability status of over 50,000 applications
- Vulnerability intelligence and correlation allows risk assessment, decision making and distribution of tasks
- Secunia Advisories contain information about existing mitigation actions, when available
- Ticketing system and reports to track and document risk assessment and implementation of mitigation actions
How It Works
- Secunia Research monitors all information about software vulnerabilities. When a potential software vulnerability is publically disclosed, Secunia Research gets to work on verifying that it is in fact a vulnerability. Once confirmed, our experts analyze the severity and what software might be affected. Then, a standardized and 100% vendor independent Secunia Advisory is written for the vulnerability, detailing attack vector, criticality rating, impact, solution and more.
- Vulnerability Intelligence Manager customers receive software vulnerability intelligence. The Secunia Advisory is uploaded to Vulnerability Intelligence Manager, and adapted intelligence feeds are delivered to our customers, based on customized pre-configured filters, to ensure the right groups of people are alerted whenever a new vulnerability that could affect your IT infrastructure is discovered. You can customize filters according to e.g. software responsibility, compliance criteria or geography for each of the recipients in your organization.
- Personalized security alerts go out and tickets are created – via email or SMS - are then issued in real-time to the correct individual in your organization. A ticket will be created when a relevant Secunia Advisory is issued. The ticket is in effect a product–based interface and enables your organization to manage the vulnerability based on the current state of all products, vendors, and asset lists.
- Manage vulnerability intelligence based on compliance policies. Throughout the vulnerability management process you are able to generate reports. You can also configure internal compliance policy rules based on the compliance policies relevant to your organization.